Lumberton Fall Festival and Paddle
Saturday, September 22, 9 am to 3 pm
Rain date: Sunday, September 23
The Fall Festival combines the best of the Lumberton Community Fun Day celebration and the Lumberton Paddle to provide an outdoor extravaganza at the Lumberton Village Green and on the Rancocas Creek.
Locations: Lumberton’s Village Green is the center for parking, registration and vendors; free shuttle to and from all locations. Canoes are launched at Ironwood Outdoor Center and recovered at the Chestnut Street Landing.
Fee: $20 per canoe. Download the registration form here.
Want to help sponsor this exciting event? Click here for the sponsor letter.
A gentle paddle along the Rancocas Creek from Ironwood to the Chestnut Street landing. Bring your own canoe or let us provide you with one. We’ll bring you back to the Village Green after your paddle.
- After you register at the Village Green, you will board a transportation vehicle and will be driven to the Ironwood Center facility. That drive takes about 10 minutes.
- At Ironwood, you will then be given a canoe and life preservers and will start your trip down the Rancocas Creek. You will paddle to the Chestnut Street Landing dock. The canoe trip will take approximately one hour.
- At the Chestnut Street Landing pullout location you will have assistance exiting your canoe. A transportation vehicle will be waiting for you to drive you back to the Village Green.
Minimum age for the Paddle is 6 years old.
To save time at registration, download the Lumberton Paddle registration form, fill it out, and bring it with you.
Fall Festival at the Village Green
There will be demonstrations and displays by local organizations and businesses giving you a chance to learn more about Lumberton. The Village Green will be the center for the children’s activities, including face painting and pumpkin painting. Live Band Music and Touch-a-Truck will be just a part of the fun. Look for dance demonstrations at 10 and 11 am.
Ken Hutz: 609-458-4753
Audrey Winzinger: 609-937-5700
Dave Kahley: 609-790-4825
Important Information and Rules
- The event runs from 9 am – 3 pm
- Last Launch will be at 2 pm
- $20 per canoe or kayak. Family rate $20.
- If you’re bringing your own water-craft, you must bring your own life preservers.
- Please stay in your boat. The land that is adjacent to the creek is private property. The boat put-in point is also private or restricted property and can only be used on the day of the event.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted .
- Please do not litter. Trash and recycling containers can be found at all Paddle sites.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
- We recommend that you wear insect repellent.
- In case of an emergency call 911.
- Non-life threatening situations please call Ken Hutz 609-458-4753